Whispermat™ WM2 Barrier with Foam Decoupler
Whispermat™ WM2 is a sandwich composite incorporating 2 layers of Hushcloth® acoustical foam and a single barrier septum. When applied to sheet metal, plastic or wood, the decoupling foam layer typically ¼"(6mm) thick isolates the barrier like a damped spring while the thicker absorption layer reduces airborne reverberant noise. Thickness of layers can vary to optimize application.
• Proprietary manufacturing process ensures permanent bonding between foam and vinyl barrier material
• Can be formulated to provide maximum noise reduction in the harshest environment by adding various facings or embossed surfaces
• Available in a wide range of weights, thickness and as sheets or rolls
• UL94 V0 barrier available
• Decoupled mass layer gives room within a room acoustic isolation